Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday's workout



As many of you know, I love to eat. Cooking and eating out at restaurants are two of my favorite past times. Since food is one of my passions, I have to hit the gym on a weekly basis in order to try to keep the unwanted pounds off. With that said, I will start sharing some of my workout routines with you all. My aim is to try and workout at least four times a week. Some times, I hit that mark, but sometimes my laziness gets the best of me and I might only make it into the gym two times out of a week. Well today, I was able to make it into the gym as planned. Today’s workout consisted of exercises targeting my shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I got this workout from a P90x workout. I made a couple of modifications. It was brutal at first but I made it through. The total workout took about 50 minutes, which I think is good. These days I try to complete my workouts in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I’m not trying to be in the gym for no more than that allotted time. I try to do about 30 minutes of cardio first (I didn’t do cardio today because I was running behind schedule = Laziness), and then move into my weight training. So, take a look at my workout.




The key is to do one set of each exercise and then move to the next until you finish the round. To build muscle, use heavier weights and do 8 – 10 reps.

No comments: