Monday, April 13, 2009

Toronto Travel Issues

The trip to toronto was great, but the traveling part was terrible. Getting to Toronto was an adventure in itself. After having my 9:15am flight delayed beacuse of bad weather, I was then booked on a 12:22 p.m. flight that was oversold. I finally made it on a 3:55pm flight directly to Tornoto. You would think that my traveling troubles would be over, but the kicker was that my luggage never made it on the plane. Why you may ask. I am still trying to figure that one out. After all that, you figure I would get my luggage sometime that night (friday) or first thing saturday morning. That would be too easy. I didn't get my luggage until sunday afternoon (shout out to Corrine, Patrick and Gail for looking out for a brother). so you woukd figure that the trip back would not be that bad, but it wouldn't be life if it wasn't. Woke up monday thinking its raining and guess what?Its snowing otuside and then ice rain started to fall. I'm like isn't it April. what happened to April showers bring
may flowers. I guess in Canada the saying starts out wiht April snow flurries. Of course my original flight was cancelled and they booked me on an early fligt that left at 5:30 that was estimated to be almost 4 hours delayed and this was the status at 2:30 pm. So I figured i'll check in online then goto the airport and check my luggage then go out to eat with everyone else. That wasn't happening. It seems that once you check in you have to proceed through customs and check your luggage, and once through customs there is no turning back. I also found out that immigration in Toronto's airport closes at 7pm. So if you have an international flight later on in the night, you have to be there before 7pm or else you won't be allowed to go through. Interesting I thougt. Anyway, I finally made it back safely to my home and I enjoyed my trip thouroughly. So that's all that really counts.

No comments: